Here are simple steps to shut down your computer from MSDOS CMD.
How to get it done?
1>> Open Run from the start menu and type cmd.
2>>Type shutdown with one of these attributes:
- -l Log off (cannot be used with -m option)
- -s Shutdown the computer
- -r Shutdown and restart the computer
- -a Abort a system shutdown
- -m \\computername/ip Remote computer to shutdown/restart/abort
- -t xx Set timeout for shutdown to xx seconds
- -c “comment” Shutdown comment (you can use this when you shutdown a remote computer)
- -f Forces running applications to close without warning
eg: shutdown -s -t 60 -f (this will shutdown the computer in 60 seconds) while shutdown -a ( will abort the shutdown)