Once in a year, IBM makes five cool predictions about the technology that would change the world in 5 years from now. They call it 5 in 5.
You will be surprised to know that most of IBM’s predictions turn out to be accurate.
In one of its predictions for 2008, IBM had said that it would take five years for a person to “speak to web and web will speak back to you” a feature that can be done today.
This years predictions are about energy, security, mind reading, mobile and analytics.
Every house will be run by the power generated by the people living there.
Imagine harnessing energy from every movement in and around your home.
For example, water flowing through the pipes, a smaller device that you wear or attach to your bicycle during a ride will collect the energy you create.
In the days to come, you will never need to remember a password again.
The retinal scan or your voice will replace passwords. Making use of any one of them or in combination of both you can secure all your information and accounts.
Now, no more remembering multiple passwords for multiple accounts you have.
Your unique biological identity becomes your only password as multi-factor biometrics aggregate these characteristics in real time to prevent identity theft.
IBM scientists are researching how to link your brain to your devices, such as a computer or a smart phone, so you only have to think about calling someone and it happens.
For example, you see a cube on your computer screen and think about moving it to the left, and it will.
Beyond electronics control, possible applications include physical rehabilitation and understanding of brain disorders such as autism.
In the days to come, everyone will have access to information and the digital divide between people will be imperceptible.
Mobile commerce and remote health care become common.
Recorded messages can be transmitted to quickly deliver valuable information about weather and aid to remote or illiterate users who haven’t had ready access before.
IBM is developing technology that uses analytics and sense making to integrate data into applications that present only the information you want—and then do something about it.
For example, the technology will pro-actively reserve tickets to your favorite band’s concert when your calendar shows you’re free, or research alternate travel plans when it detects bad weather along your route, and then tell you where to go.
Past predictions that are becoming a reality
- Cities will have healthier immune systems.
- City buildings will sense and respond like living organisms.
- Cities will respond to a crisis—even before receiving an emergency phone call.
- Energy-saving solar technology will be built into asphalt, paint and windows.
- You will have a crystal ball for your health.
- You will talk to the Web and the Web will talk back.
- You will have your own digital shopping assistants.
- Forgetting will be a distant memory.
- It will be easy to be green and save money doing it.
- The way you drive will be completely different.
- You are what you eat, so you should know what you’re eating.
- Your cell phone will be your wallet, ticket broker, concierge, bank, shopping buddy and more.
- Doctors will have enhanced super-senses to better diagnose and treat you.
- We will be able to access health care remotely, from just about anywhere in the world.
- Real-time speech translation—once a vision only in science fiction—will become the norm.
- There will be a 3-D Internet.
- Technologies the size of a few atoms will address areas of environmental importance.
- Our mobile phones will start to read our minds.
IBM examines market and societal trends expected to transform our lives, as well as emerging technologies from IBM’s global labs, to develop a multi-year forecast like this.
Each of the predictions are well supported with necessary technical info. You can say that these predictions are IBM’s well planned schedules for the future .
Hope the people around the globe make “responsible use” of this kind of technology.
After all, if a computer understands what we think, then no one can ever stop it!
What is your opinion on – ” IBM’s Predictions Of The Future Technology ” ?
Share your views with us by commenting in the box below..
Tagged as – IBM’s Predictions Of The Future Technology