WinRaR 4 – is the most popular and powerful compression tool with many integrated additional functions to help you organize your compressed archives.
The latest version of WinRaR is WinRaR 4 which has 30% faster decompression rate than previous versions.
With WinRAR you can create backups for your data, reduce the size of email attachments, decompress RAR, ZIP and other archive types and create new archives in RAR and ZIP file format.
What other formats can it unpack ?
Winrar 4 can unpack ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, ACE, UUE, BZ2, JAR, ISO, EXE, 7z, and Z archives.
What makes it different from other compression tools ?
WinRAR puts you ahead of the crowd when it comes to compression. By consistently creating smaller archives, WinRAR is often faster than the competition. This will save you disc space, transmission costs AND valuable working time as well.
Some Key Features :
- Multithreaded compression.
- The ability to create self-extracting and multi-volume (split) archives.
- Data redundancy is provided via recovery records and recovery volumes, allowing reconstruction of damaged archives.
- Support for advanced NTFS file system options and Unicode in file names.
- Optional archive encryption using AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) with a 128-bit key.
OS Support :
This tool is completely supported by Windows 2000, Windows 2003, Windows XP, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista & Windows 7.
The setup file is relatively smaller with just 1.38Mb. WinRaR is a free to try software but is limited to 40 days trail, after which you will have to buy the software.