Ashampoo, even though not very familiar among computer users,
is a software company that has around 14 years of experience in Windows system maintenance and optimization.
You must have noticed that after using your computer for a few months, you’ll soon find that it slows, takes more time to boot and your complete system just seems to take far longer to achieve the same goals from when you first installed Windows.
Often this is because whenever you install or uninstall software, adjust hardware or change settings, the Windows registry is updated.
Over time the registry starts losing shape, accumulating obsolete, corrupt and harmful files.
Left unchecked, your system can become increasingly unstable, run more slowly and crash more frequently.
Ashampoo Winoptimizer 2012
Is a comprehensive windows application to clean and optimize your PC. It is a suite of tools you need to maintain your system and increase its performance.
With over 100 improvements to its predecessor Ashampoo WinOptimizer 8, the application now works amazingly.
WinOptimizer 2012 offers everything in a single tool wrapped up in a pleasant interface.
Once installed, activated and loaded, you can quickly search for problems, switch on the various auto-tuning tools or wade into the program’s many options and tools to tweak things yourself – both beginners and experts are catered for here.
This results in more speed and therefore improved efficiency especially within system maintenance and the adjustment of Windows.
The cleaning modules registry optimizer, Internet cleaner and drive cleaner reach a plus of up to 500% in results.
1>> System maintenance
- One-Click Optimizer: Quick system optimization with just one click.
- Drive Cleaner: Finds and deletes redundant files.
- Registry Optimizer: Finds and deletes unnecessary or faulty entries in the registry.
- Internet Cleaner: Traces left behind when surfing the Internet are erased.
- Defrag 3: Defragmentation of hard drives (pro-active defragmentation and boot-time defrag).
2>> System analysis
- System Information: Comprehensive and clear information on installed hardware and software (operating system, processor, chip set, drives, etc.).
- DiskSpace Explorer: Analysis of file groups, e.g. audio or video files, and information on their space consumption.
- System Benchmark: The performance of the main memory is determined and the processor is tested. The results can be compared online with the ones of other users.
- Disk Doctor: Hard drives are checked for errors and faulty files can be restored.
3>> Improvement of performance
- Service Manager: Optimization and management of installed services and own rating of services.
- StartUp Tuner: Management of applications that are launched when Windows starts.
- Internet Tuner: Automatic or manual optimization of the system settings for the hardware and bandwidth of the Internet connection.
- Process Manager: This module gives an overview about all currently running processes.
- UnInstall Manager: Uninstalls applications and faulty entries successfully.
4>> File tools
- File Wiper: Irrevocable and safe deletion of files and folders.
- File Encrypter & Decrypter: Encrypt and decrypt files.
- File Splitter & Joiner:Splits a file into several small ones, in order to, for example, send them by e-mail and merge them again afterwards.
- Undeleter:Restores accidentally deleted files.
5>> Windows customization
- Tweaking: The access to a lot of hidden system settings enables a detailed customization of the system and frequently used applications.
- AntiSpy: Adjustment of interfaces and hidden options in Windows, in order to disable undesired data transmission.
- File Associator: Management of installed data formats as well as repairing or deletion of faulty data formats.
- Context Menu Manager: Manages context menus of the Windows explorer and helps with the adjustment to individual requirements.
- Icon Saver: Saves the icon positions on the desktop and restores them, if necessary.
- Backup Management: Management of existing backups.
- Tuning Assistant: Helps new users to optimize their system.
- Task planner: Planning of tasks and their automatic execution at an appointed time.
- Settings: Settings for this software and single modules can be adjusted.
Installation: is simple like installing any other Windows software. Just follow the on-screen instructions to install it.
OS Compatibility : Ashampoo Winoptimizer 2012 is fully compatible on Windows XP, Vista and 7 (both 32 & 64 bit).